Recipe by SarasotaCook
Sometimes we all need short cuts. This is such a simple 2 minute salad, but a nice change from the "romaine or iceberg lettuce salad with Italian or Bleu Cheese dressings." It compliments anything and it equally as good for company as everyday.
- 2 heads butter lettuce (can also go by Bibb or Boston, I like to get the organic or fresh packed vs the pre-bagged lettuce i)
- pecorino romano cheese, grated (as a garnish)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons store bought pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing -- Mix the olive oil, pesto and fresh lemon juice with the pepper and whisk well to combine.
- Serve -- I like to add the lettuce to a bowl of ice water just for a couple of minutes to get it "icy cold." Then dry well and plate. You don't have to do the ice bath, but I just love this salad when it is well chilled. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top and garnish with the grated cheese.