Recipe by Dawnab
Easy to make, a great way to use leftover taters (of course I make sure I have leftovers, LOL) with a stuffing that is thick enough to stay on the skin and not run over.
Top Review by lovestocook #6
I made these for super bowl and they were very good and very easy. I made my own bacon bits as I don't like the pre-made kind. Also, when they were done, I sprinkled some more bacon bits and a little more cheese on top and put them back into the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Then I topped them with chopped green onions and served with sour cream. Also, I doubled the recipe with no problems. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 baked potatoes, cooled
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut potatoes into quarters lengthwise, scoop out center leaving 1/2 inch of flesh, reserve centers for another use.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon bits and pepper flakes until blended, mixture should be thick.
- Press onto each skin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, switch to broil and toast tops for another 3 or until lightly browned.
- Cooking time may vary depending on if potatoes have been refrigerated.
- For OAMC, tightly wrap in plastic wrap or vacuum seal and freeze, these reheat in 5-7 minutes in a toaster oven, great for hungry teens and superbowl parties!