Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Easy to make, a great way to use leftover taters (of course I make sure I have leftovers, LOL) with a stuffing that is thick enough to stay on the skin and not run over.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut potatoes into quarters lengthwise, scoop out center leaving 1/2 inch of flesh, reserve centers for another use.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon bits and pepper flakes until blended, mixture should be thick.
- Press onto each skin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, switch to broil and toast tops for another 3 or until lightly browned.
- Cooking time may vary depending on if potatoes have been refrigerated.
- For OAMC, tightly wrap in plastic wrap or vacuum seal and freeze, these reheat in 5-7 minutes in a toaster oven, great for hungry teens and superbowl parties!
I made these for super bowl and they were very good and very easy. I made my own bacon bits as I don't like the pre-made kind. Also, when they were done, I sprinkled some more bacon bits and a little more cheese on top and put them back into the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Then I topped them with chopped green onions and served with sour cream. Also, I doubled the recipe with no problems. Will definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing!
These were great even though I oopsed. I tossed the centers in with the rest, not "reserving for another use." These came out more like small twice-baked. The flavor was definitely there! Will definitely try again as skins.
Really good! I made 2 batches - one as the recipe reads & then a second batch using a diced jalapeno (that had to be used up) instead of the red pepper flakes. Both were good but the ones with the red pepper flakes were better! I made them & put in disposable tin foil pans. I cooked some in the oven one night & then some on the bbq the next night - perfect both ways!