Easy to make, a great way to use leftover taters (of course I make sure I have leftovers, LOL) with a stuffing that is thick enough to stay on the skin and not run over.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut potatoes into quarters lengthwise, scoop out center leaving 1/2 inch of flesh, reserve centers for another use.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, bacon bits and pepper flakes until blended, mixture should be thick.
- Press onto each skin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, switch to broil and toast tops for another 3 or until lightly browned.
- Cooking time may vary depending on if potatoes have been refrigerated.
- For OAMC, tightly wrap in plastic wrap or vacuum seal and freeze, these reheat in 5-7 minutes in a toaster oven, great for hungry teens and superbowl parties!