1/5 Photos of 5 Cup Pecan Pie
1 hr 20 mins
Don't like too sweet pecan pie? You'll like this one then, it's mostly nuts with just enough filling to hold them together. Nice change of pace and very decadent. I saw a pecan pie at a local Creole restaurant, in a suburb of Washington DC, that gave me the idea to develop this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spread 1/2 cup of the pecans on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- 3Let cool completely.
- 4Place the roasted nuts in a food processor and process until smooth and buttery.
- 5Add the flour and pulse until incorporated.
- 6Scrape into a large bowl and set aside.
- 7Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it starts to foam and turns a light brown.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and browned butter to the nut paste and stir until well blended.
- 10Fold in the remaining 5 cups pecans.
- 11Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie shell.
- 12Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is slightly puffed and the crust is golden brown.
- 13Transfer to a rack to cool.
- 14Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 5 Cup Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 996.7
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 138.7 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g