Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite "fruit salad". You can use white or colored marshmallows.
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- Combine all ingredients except marshmallows; chill for several hours.
- Add marshmallows right before serving.
- Also good with chopped pecans added!
- Note: the original recipe had you mix the marshmallows in at the same time as the other ingredients, but I prefer to add them later as stated to keep them from getting mushy.
Took this salad to a barbecue, I used the long 'thread' coconut and as I couldnt find a lemon yoghurt here in NZ, I used an orange and apricot flavoured one. It was really yummy...thanks =)
The recipe did not say to drain the juice from the pineapple and mandarin oranges and therefore it was very soupy!
Awesome simple recipe. I used sour cream and added cherries. We all loved it. Thanks for an easy recipe.