Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my best friend's family. This is the easiest chicken tortilla soup! It's not exactly traditional or authentic - but it's delicioso!
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, mostly drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (rotel)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 -2 cup cooked chicken, diced (depending on how much you like)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- corn tortilla strips or crumbled tortilla chips
- Throw all ingredients into a pot, heat, and serve!
- Sour cream, salsa, green onion, and hot sauce are also great toppings.
- I was told canned chicken may be substituted for fresh chicken, although I have not tried it that way before.
- You may use chicken boullion cubes and water instead of chicken broth.
I tried this on Monday night when I had only 1/2 hour to get dinner on the table. It was great and I even used canned chicken. I also did not drain the tomatoes but I added some Spice Hunters Mexican Seasoning blend. My husband loved it and said I should make it again often. It's easy when you have all the ingrediants on the shelf all the time. Thanks for posting this soup.