Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick, very easy, low clean up way to make enchiladas. I adapted this from a few other recipes. We prefer flour tortillas but you can use corn. Corn does work better if they are warm, so putting them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds makes them more pliable. You can always substitute fresh cooked ground beef, turkey or chicken for the canned meat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, beans, chiles and 1/2 can of enchilada sauce.
- Spoon a dollop of this mixture in the center 1/3rd of a tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in greased/PAM'd rectangle casserole dish.
- Repeat until your pan is full of rolled up enchiladas, or you run out of filling.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if you want.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve hot.
- Makes 6-8 enchiladas, depending how much you stuff them.
- GREAT when eaten with cold sour cream!
Easy and quick recipe. I used 1/2 cup salsa instead of the green chiles. Definitely a hit that I'll make again!
Quick and easy dinner. Would make again though I think I would use a rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken instead of the canned. Made for PAC Fall 2011
This was very simple to make and my kids who are somewhat picky eaters really liked it. Will be making it for dinner again tonight.