Recipe by LaLa Crane
A quick, very easy, low clean up way to make enchiladas. I adapted this from a few other recipes. We prefer flour tortillas but you can use corn. Corn does work better if they are warm, so putting them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds makes them more pliable. You can always substitute fresh cooked ground beef, turkey or chicken for the canned meat.
- 1 (12 ounce) canpre-cooked canned chicken (the one shaped like a large tuna can)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (14 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can refried beans
- 6 -8 tortillas
- cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, beans, chiles and 1/2 can of enchilada sauce.
- Spoon a dollop of this mixture in the center 1/3rd of a tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in greased/PAM'd rectangle casserole dish.
- Repeat until your pan is full of rolled up enchiladas, or you run out of filling.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if you want.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve hot.
- Makes 6-8 enchiladas, depending how much you stuff them.
- GREAT when eaten with cold sour cream!