Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account in February 2005. The next time I try it, I am going to try a smaller can of milk and try adding a 10 ounce package of frozen mixed vegetable. If I like it that way, they will become an optional ingredient. I have added can sizes, since the original recipe did not specify sizes. The casserole was soupy, which was not bad, but I want to see how it is with the smaller amount of milk.
Top Review by evewitch
This is a good, solid "pantry meal" that my family enjoyed. It is a bit high in carbs, and not my personal favorite, but I will probably keep the ingredients on hand for those emergency nights. One note, I remember the original recipe called for some kind of veggies instead of the Chicken & Rice soup, and I really hated the rice in it, so I might make that modification next time. I did use the onions, since I had some in the fridge. I also stirred half of the Chinese noodles into the mixture & sprinkled the other half on top (another distant memory).
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 (9 3/4 ounce) can chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)