Recipe by Smockmock
This is an easy and inexpensive recipe. A 20 oz bag of 15 bean soup mix can be substituted for the five cups dry beans.
- 236.59 ml dried dark red kidney beans
- 236.59 ml dried light red kidney beans
- 236.59 ml dried split peas
- 236.59 ml dried black-eyed peas
- 236.59 ml dried navy beans
- 236.59 ml brown rice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 411.06 g can tomatoes (diced or crushed)
- 4.92 ml minced garlic (bottled)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 stalk celery (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Hydrate beans according to package instructions.
- Add beans and rice to slow cooker and cover with water (about 2 inches over top of beans).
- Add onions, tomatoes with juice, garlic, parsley, rosemary, black pepper, salt and bullion cubes. Stir the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or until beans are tender.