Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very easy, high fiber salad with a healthy homemade dressing. I often serve this on a bed of lettuce and the dressing is enough for the greens. You can add as many vegetables as you want to the salad and it is much more filling than a green salad alone.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Mix the oil, vinegar, mustard and Mrs. Dash in a shaker jar.
- Pour the dressing over all ingredients in a large bowl and toss thoroughly but gently to avoid breaking the green beans and wax beans into pieces.
My made this for a BBQ and everyone said it was good. I liked it but thought it was a little too much onion. I think I will make this again for sure. It was easy and fast. Thanks for the recipe.