Recipe by KelBel
I LOVE three bean salad - so it only gets better with two more types of beans. This makes a big batch of salad! Great for eating all week long. Low in calories, fat and sugar.
Top Review by MarshHen
I have been making this same recipe for years and everyone loves it. The longer it sits in the fridge, the better. Best to stir it every day to keep the flavors incorporated. And yes, it makes a big batch! During the holidays, I make it and after about three days in the fridge, I fill 1 Qt. mason jars and give it to friends who love it. It's always a welcome gift.
- 15 ounces butter beans
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans
- 16 ounces green beans
- 16 ounces wax beans
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain beans in a colander. Transfer to a large bowl with lid.
- Stir onion and bell pepper into beans.
- Dissolve sugar in water for 1 minute in microwave safe measuring cup.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Pour over beans and toss to coat evenly.
- Allow to marinate 4 or more hours.