Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From BHG. A very well seasoned but not necessarily hot chili. Add cayenne or hot sauce or both if you want a hotter chili.
Top Review by gaaahlic
Great bean consistency even though I only had 3 of the 5 beans but I added plenty of extra gaaaaaahlic to make up for it. Was a little on the bland side so I added a packet of chili seasoning to final mix. Family raved about it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large non-stick skillet until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain off fat and transfer ground beef mixture into a large Dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat; simmer 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
- **Addwater if needed for desired consistency.