Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A healthy orange drink that provides 2 servings of vegetables and 3 servings of fruit. I made this up in an attempt to get my 5 a day without cooking. Hope you enjoy!
- Microwave sweet potato until soft.
- Scoop out pulp and put in blender.
- Peel orange and add to blender.
- Add banana, chopped carrot, and orange juice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add ice cubes and water until desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
GREAT, GREAT COMBO OF FLAVORS here! I'd made a mashed carrot side, so reserved 1/2 a cup to include in this recipe! I made sure everything was well chilled, & the banana frozen), when I put this beverage together! Definitely a keeper of a recipe ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
I made, basically, a hafl of this smoothie. I liked it very much but couldn't get the kids to drink more than a sip. That said, I thought it was a tasty way to get lots of fiber and nutrients. Thanks.
This was really good and my 1yo son drank his right up! So thanks! It's hard to figure out what he'll eat. We'll have this again! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.