Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy way to get all of your veggies for the day in one meal.
- 2 cups assorted watercress or 2 cups spinach or 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- Prepare dressing and set aside.
- Arrange greens in bowl and top with remaining veggies.
- Top with a dollop of cottage cheese and a sprinkling of cheddar.
- Scatter sunflower seeds.
- Dress salad and enjoy.
This was the absolute perfect meal for a hot evening. I used spinach and red bell pepper, and I substituted shallot for the onion (shallot is a little milder). We had a bit of smoked salmon and hard-boiled egg on the side for extra protein. The dressing was very good, and I appreciated that it made the exact amount needed. Thanks so much for this recipe!
This salad is loaded with all healthy ingredients. Loved the mix.
I made this for my husband to take for lunch one day, has lots of his favorite things (particularly sunflower seeds and cottage cheese), and he really enjoyed it! (He hates cooked veggies but will eat his weight in salad...) I forgot to buy the sprouts so I used shredded carrots to approximate the crunch, and I used a combo of spinach and red leaf lettuce. Thanks so much for a healthy, winning recipe, and for suggesting it to me in Recipe Request!