Recipe by CJ Berry
Almost too pretty to eat. You'll love all the Ooo's and Ahhh's from this dessert! I received this recipe at a woman's golf tournament -- dish to pass event! Excellent!!
Top Review by Lucky Clover
This was so good! I only used about half the powdered sugar as suggested, and I'm glad. It was plenty sweet. I loved the almond flavoring on the fruit. Instead of angel food cake, I used a sour cream pound cake by Paula Deen. It was fabulous!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 angel food cake (store bought is fine)
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1 quart blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons almond flavoring
- Cream together cream cheese and confectioners sugar.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and 1/4 tsp almond flavoring.
- Set this mixture aside.
- In separate bowl whip the whipping cream and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Tear up angel food cake and mix in with cheese mixture.
- In separate bowl (s) place strawberries and blueberries 3/4 cup sugar and 3 Tbsp almond flavoring.
- (You can mix the berries together or keep separate, for a pretty red, white and blue look,if separate divide sugar and almond flavoring between the two bowls).
- In a clear glass bowl alternate layers of the cream cheese mixtures and the berries.
- Garnish the top with berries.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- This looks absolutely beautiful and taste just as great!
- Peaches work really well with this as well.