- 2 cups coarsely chopped and mashed according to preference fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, for garnishing
- light whipped topping, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by chopping/mashing strawberries and adding sugar to decrease bitterness of fruit.
- (If berries are ripe, you may not need to add sugar.) Set aside.
- Combine milks and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Fold strawberries into milk mixture and chill in refrigerator until cold.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process per manufacturers directions.
- Serve immediately and garnish with blueberries and a small dollop of whipped topping.