A friend of mine made this at last year's 4th of July celebration, and after much begging and groveling, shared this super-easy, fun, and VERY yummy recipe, which you can easily double or triple for a big crowd! The cold left-overs (if any) the next day are FABULOUS! TRY THIS WITH CHICKEN!! Grill 4 Chx breasts 4-5 min ea side, then finish in 350 degree oven in covered pan with butter & olive oil for +/-20 min. OH! MAGNIFICENT (great sandwiches w/tomato, cream cheese, and avocado).
- 2 -8 salmon steaks (4-6 oz. ea., or a couple large filets) or 2 -8 chicken breasts (4-6 oz. ea.)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you're brave or insane)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Into a large zip-lock bag, make marinade out of peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, onions, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and salt. Combine well, and insert fish or chicken. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4-24 hours.
- Oil and preheat grill on medium-high heat. Grill fish ~5 minutes per side, until fish just flakes with a fork. (10 minutes total, per 1” of thickness at thickest point of filet).