Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple, yummy recipe filled with fruit that is PERFECTLY ripe right now, appeared in our local paper this week. PRETTY, refreshing, and VERY patriotic looking.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh, sprinkled with sugar)
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh, or red raspberries sprinkled with sugar)
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) or lemon balm (to garnish)
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the cream cheese, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. Whip with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add whipping cream, a little at a time, and continue beating until the cream is incorporated and the mixture is fluffy.
- Into tall wine glasses or champagne flutes, spoon some blueberries into the glass, then a dollop of whipped cream mixture. Add some strawberries or raspberries, then another dollop of whipped cream. Continue until glass is full, then garnish with mint leaves or lemon balm.
I made this tasty dessert using a bag of Mixed, Frozen Berries, and Splenda. The combination of berries included raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, and made a really delicious Parfait. Served up, as you suggested in champagne flutes, it looks too good to eat, but we did anyway; no point in letting all that good fruit go to waste. Thanks again, Pellerin for contributing to a successful dinner, which also included your Perfect Filets Mignon Steaks with Mushrooms #127958.