Recipe by Pellerin
This simple, yummy recipe filled with fruit that is PERFECTLY ripe right now, appeared in our local paper this week. PRETTY, refreshing, and VERY patriotic looking.
Top Review by TOOLBELT DIVA
I made this tasty dessert using a bag of Mixed, Frozen Berries, and Splenda. The combination of berries included raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, and made a really delicious Parfait. Served up, as you suggested in champagne flutes, it looks too good to eat, but we did anyway; no point in letting all that good fruit go to waste. Thanks again, Pellerin for contributing to a successful dinner, which also included your Perfect Filets Mignon Steaks with Mushrooms #127958.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh, sprinkled with sugar)
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh, or red raspberries sprinkled with sugar)
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish) or lemon balm (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the cream cheese, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. Whip with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add whipping cream, a little at a time, and continue beating until the cream is incorporated and the mixture is fluffy.
- Into tall wine glasses or champagne flutes, spoon some blueberries into the glass, then a dollop of whipped cream mixture. Add some strawberries or raspberries, then another dollop of whipped cream. Continue until glass is full, then garnish with mint leaves or lemon balm.