Recipe by Sharon123
This is quick and easy and very festive to make just before a party or picnic. For ultimate freshness, prepare this treat right before serving. Present it with toothpicks for spearing the fruit and a bowl of your favorite dip, if desired. One variation is to cook crescent rolls in a 8" by 13" pan, covered with cream cheese, then topped with the fruit. Another used a white tray, and this would be good on a 8" by 13" cake too. Feel free to use your imagination!To see what this looks like go to http://familyfun.go.com/4th-of-july/4th-of-july-recipes/patriotic-picnic-ideas/fruit-flag-686767/.
Top Review by 2Bleu
What better way to celebrate the 4th and summertime than with fresh fruit. I placed rows of strawberries and banana slices rather than top the bananas with them. Although I didn't get 13 stripes, but it was still festive and delectable. :)
- 29 large strawberries
- 30 large blackberries
- 7 large bananas (or more-enough to make 58 slices)
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull and halve 29 large strawberries and set them aside.
- Arrange 30 large blackberries in the upper left corner of a serving tray or cutting board (it should be at least 8 by 13 inches).
- Cut 58 banana slices, 3/4-inch-thick, into a bowl. Sprinkle on lemon juice and toss the slices gently with a rubber spatula to keep them from browning.
- Assemble the banana slices in rows to resemble a flag and top each slice with a strawberry half.