Recipe by cbasser
This is a light and delicious dessert for the 4th of July. My husband's grandmother makes this every year for the family.
For the crust
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
For the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
For the stars and stripes
- fresh blueberries
- fresh sliced strawberry
- sugar, for strawberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix with a pastry blender flour, butter and powdered sugar.
- Push dough evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and cool whip with a hand mixer until creamy and well blended.
- Spread mixture over crust after it has cooled. Reserve a small amount for "stars.".
- Finish with arranging blueberries and strawberries into American Flag. 7 red strips and 6 white.
- Pipe reserved icing as stars over blueberries.