Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great cake to celebrate America's Independence day.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake or 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Bake cake according to package directions for large rectangle pan. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile wash blueberries and drip dry.
- Wash strawberries, take off stems and slice.
- Spread cool whip over cooled cake.
- Arrange blueberries in upper left hand corner to resemble background for stars, arrange strawberries for stripes beginning and ending with strawberry stripe. Total of 13 stripes.