Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from the website allrecipes.com.I thought this was neat how they have the red,white and blue colors in it. Perfect for a 4th of July picnic.
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (I used the bag kind)
- 1 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Place bacon in skillet, Cook over med-high heat until brown,crumble and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine bacon,cabbage and dressing.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with the sliced cherry tomatoes and blue cheese.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Delicious! I did add some red onion and green pepper that I slivered up along with the bag of shredded cabbage and used coleslaw dressing My Own Coleslaw Dressing...the blue cheese put this over the top. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Great way to dress up plain coleslaw. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, but I did have some regular tomatoes that I cut into large dice and used them instead. Every bite was like eating a glorified BLT - with the added zing of blue cheese. I used a commercial coleslaw dressing, but next time I'll use a homemeade one (gotta find a recipe :).