Recipe by Bev
This wonderfully garlicy chicken from Cusine is suggested to be served with Lemon Rice Pilaf (see recipe I posted).
Top Review by emmalee1942
Other reviewers said this needs more salt. WOW! It already has one TABLESPOON salt, more than half the daily sodium amount needed for a healthy person to maintain good health. Those with high blood pressure should avoid the recipe entirely.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, dusted in flour mixture
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in the center.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large plastic bag.
- Coat chicken in seasoned flour.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add garlic, celery and onion; saute until lightly browned.
- Add wine, broth, and herbs, then arrange browned chicken on top, skin side up; bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pan; transfer to the oven and braise 45 minutes.
- Makes 6 chicken thighs with sauce.