Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This wonderfully garlicy chicken from Cusine is suggested to be served with Lemon Rice Pilaf (see recipe I posted).
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, dusted in flour mixture
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in the center.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large plastic bag.
- Coat chicken in seasoned flour.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add garlic, celery and onion; saute until lightly browned.
- Add wine, broth, and herbs, then arrange browned chicken on top, skin side up; bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pan; transfer to the oven and braise 45 minutes.
- Makes 6 chicken thighs with sauce.
Other reviewers said this needs more salt. WOW! It already has one TABLESPOON salt, more than half the daily sodium amount needed for a healthy person to maintain good health. Those with high blood pressure should avoid the recipe entirely.
After giving this much thought, I decided to give this recipe a 5 star rating because I found the garlicky sauce to be absolutely divine! I was wishing I had some fresh bread to soak it up with. I loved the sauce, and liked the chicken. I thought the chicken needed a little something (more salt? more flavor?, not sure), but the sauce is excellent. We served this with Roasted Cauliflower and 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic (#106251), which made for a garlic fest right in our own home (ha! ha!). I thought the dishes paired nicely. I'd love to see if anyone had some suggestions for the chicken, and I would definitely make this again.
This chicken was so yummy!! It is moist and tender. I think there is a bit too much oil for my taste so I will back off that a bit next time and will add a bit more salt. This made for a great meal ... Thanks Bev!