1/1 Photo of 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe from the local newspaper and the chicken is so moist and full of sweet garlic flavor. I always serve with a loaf of french bread and spread the garlic on the bread like butter. It is to die for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil garlic cloves for 60 seconds. Drain & peel.
- 2Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat butter and olive oil in large pan over med-high heat.
- 4Saute chicken skin side down first until brown, about 4 minute Turn over with tongs (do not pierce skin) and brown on other side, another 4-5 minute.
- 5When chicken is brown, transfer to plate.
- 6Add garlic cloves to pan and saute 5-10 minute until evenly browned.
- 7Add wine and 2 tbs. cognac, bring to a simmer and scrape bottom of pan.
- 8Return chicken to pan and spirinkle with thyme.
- 9Cover and simmer about 30 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- 10Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- 11In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup sauce from pan then whisk it back into pan.
- 12Add cream and last tbs. of cognac. Cook 3 minute and add Salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Pour sauce and garlic over chicken and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 40 Clove Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.6
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 2441.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g