Recipe by KLBoyle
I got this recipe from the local newspaper and the chicken is so moist and full of sweet garlic flavor. I always serve with a loaf of french bread and spread the garlic on the bread like butter. It is to die for!
Top Review by awalde
This recipe is a wonder!
I prepared this dish for 8 people and for this reason I doubled the quantities and I cooked this in the oven.
I performed the steps 4-6 in ones with little grill.
I added all the ingredients together (previous mixed in a bowl) excepting the cream. I cooked covered at 140°C until my guest came. 10 Minutes before serving I added the cream and a half cup more wine and I increased the heat to 180°C (cooking covered).
Instead of normal flour I used roasted flour that I prepare in advance in a pan.
This was really delicious and juicy. I will do this again, for sure!
- 1 whole roasting chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 whole heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil garlic cloves for 60 seconds. Drain & peel.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and olive oil in large pan over med-high heat.
- Saute chicken skin side down first until brown, about 4 minute Turn over with tongs (do not pierce skin) and brown on other side, another 4-5 minute.
- When chicken is brown, transfer to plate.
- Add garlic cloves to pan and saute 5-10 minute until evenly browned.
- Add wine and 2 tbs. cognac, bring to a simmer and scrape bottom of pan.
- Return chicken to pan and spirinkle with thyme.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup sauce from pan then whisk it back into pan.
- Add cream and last tbs. of cognac. Cook 3 minute and add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce and garlic over chicken and serve hot.