I got this recipe from the local newspaper and the chicken is so moist and full of sweet garlic flavor. I always serve with a loaf of french bread and spread the garlic on the bread like butter. It is to die for!
- Boil garlic cloves for 60 seconds. Drain & peel.
- Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and olive oil in large pan over med-high heat.
- Saute chicken skin side down first until brown, about 4 minute Turn over with tongs (do not pierce skin) and brown on other side, another 4-5 minute.
- When chicken is brown, transfer to plate.
- Add garlic cloves to pan and saute 5-10 minute until evenly browned.
- Add wine and 2 tbs. cognac, bring to a simmer and scrape bottom of pan.
- Return chicken to pan and spirinkle with thyme.
- Cover and simmer about 30 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup sauce from pan then whisk it back into pan.
- Add cream and last tbs. of cognac. Cook 3 minute and add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce and garlic over chicken and serve hot.