Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, skinless, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, fat free & reduced sodium (divided)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (or more)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.
- In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. 4 Points Plus yields about 1 cup per serving.
My son-in-law made this for dinner tonight, of course any meal I don't have to cook is good, but this was wonderful! I will make it for myself very soon.
Easy to prepare, tasty, and a nice summer main course!