Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can you find the 4 peppers? This dressing is thin thats because it is spicy and you don't need a lot for flavor. The cumin and chipotle in adobe sauce gives this a nice smoky and spicy flavor. With the hot paprika and chipotles start with a little the add to your taste.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika (what can you handle) or 1 teaspoon hot paprika (what can you handle)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 -4 chipotle chile in adobo, with"or" without seeds (what can you handle)
- Place all in a blender or vita mix and blend till will pureed.
- Pour lightly over a salad use as a dip or top a grilled chicken, pork or fish.
Due to concerns over the heat, made this with just chipotle peppers. Next time we will use 4! This is 5 stars with 2 and the 4 peppers will really kick it up. Love the texture and flavours. This didn't last long and my DD has requested this again and really soon. Thanks for a great new dip recipe. Made this for the US Regional Tag Game.
WHOA! This is a 5-alarm dip! It was almost to hot to eat but I think that was my fault. I could not find chipotles anywhere so I used 1 1/2 serano chilis. Wow! Hot stuff. I even added a little more of the sweet red peppers. Next time I think I'll make it with about 1/2 a pepper and maybe a bit of cream cheese to soften it a bit. I love the idea tho and will be playing with it again! Thanks!