Recipe by Sharon123
From Alton Brown. Show: Good EatsEpisode: Major Pepper. Enjoy!
Top Review by Darkhunter
These are wonderful little gems.......Couldn't get enough of them! The addition of the caper juice was inspired! And the peppercorn medley was just fantastic. Thnx for sharing, Sharon, hon. Made for KcK's Forum Tag Game.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 2.46-4.92 ml whole pink peppercorns, divided
- 1.23-2.46 ml whole white peppercorns
- 1.23-2.46 ml whole black peppercorn
- 1.23-2.46 ml whole green peppercorn
- 2.46 ml caper liquid
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 0.59-1.23 ml kosher salt
- 0.25 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside.
- Place all of the peppercorns, except 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the pink peppercorns, into a spice grinder and process until ground well. Add the ground peppers, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine.
- Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves.
- Coarsely grind the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pink peppercorns and use to garnish the top of each egg.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.