1/2 Photos of 4-Pepper Deviled Eggs(Alton Brown)
From Alton Brown. Show: Good EatsEpisode: Major Pepper. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1/2-1 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns, divided
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon whole green peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon caper liquid
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside.
- 2Place all of the peppercorns, except 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the pink peppercorns, into a spice grinder and process until ground well. Add the ground peppers, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine.
- 3Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves.
- 4Coarsely grind the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pink peppercorns and use to garnish the top of each egg.
- 5Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4-Pepper Deviled Eggs(Alton Brown)
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 93.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: