Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Alton Brown. Show: Good EatsEpisode: Major Pepper. Enjoy!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns, divided
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon whole green peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caper liquid
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- Slice the eggs in half from top to bottom. Scoop the yolks into a medium mixing bowl and lay the whites aside.
- Place all of the peppercorns, except 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of the pink peppercorns, into a spice grinder and process until ground well. Add the ground peppers, caper liquid, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and sugar to the egg yolks and using a fork, stir to thoroughly combine.
- Place the mixture into a zip-top plastic bag and cut a small hole at one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each of the white halves.
- Coarsely grind the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pink peppercorns and use to garnish the top of each egg.
- Chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
These are wonderful little gems.......Couldn't get enough of them! The addition of the caper juice was inspired! And the peppercorn medley was just fantastic. Thnx for sharing, Sharon, hon. Made for KcK's Forum Tag Game.
I love deviled eggs and these were so good. I made the recipe as written and the flavors worked out so great. I always use that blend of the peppercorns with red as well because they are just so good. I love the taste of these peppercorn additions. And like another reviewer said the caper juice was just such a great addition. You just can't make enough of these to satisfy because they were so yummy. I made these to go along with Israeli Couscous Pepper Salad and it was just perfect. Thanks for sharing Sharon of this wonderful recipe. Made in memory of Sharon's DH.
Nice little appetizers these were .. too bad they didn't last longer, love the peppercorns in these, I see that next time I make these I have to make them during the week, then I can get more. Great appetizer for the game today. Made forPRMR tag.