Prep 7 mins
Cook 4 mins
These are so fast, easy and nutritious, what more could you ask for? They make a great sweet snack anytime but we love these for breakfast.
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter (no substitute)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- Core apples but be careful not to cut through the bottom.
- In a bowl mix together the cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar add chopped apricots last.
- Divide the spice and apricot mixture into each apple core.
- top each apple with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Place apples into a casserole dish and cover.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Apples will be very hot, allow to cool a few minutes before serving.