Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love recipes like this! The vanilla chips are creamy and combine well with the raspberry! It is just perfect for any occasion! 8)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) jar red raspberry preserves
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, salt and vanilla extract.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often and then reduce speed to low.
- Beat, adding in flour 1 cup at a time, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- Add eggs to remaining crumb mixture in the bowl; beat until mixture forms dough.
- Evenly press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slather preserves over the hot, partially baked bars.
- Sprinkle vanilla chips over and add reserved crumb mixture.
- Baking for additional 20-25 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before cutting into bars.
This was so easy to make. And it's awesome. I highly recommend for anyone with a sweet tooth.
This recipe is wonderful! Its perfect for a quick desert that looks like you spent alot more time making than you actually did. The vanilla chips make it more than just a desert bar. I have not had anyone try this that didnt love it. Thanks Ocean~Ivy!!
This is a great recipe! It would be especially good for holidays to brighten up the table because they make a beatiful looking dessert square