Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 hrs
This dessert used to be the hit of our "Young Married" Sunday School Class potlucks and it is still a delicious dessert today! This is a very versatile dessert as you can really use any flavor of pudding you like. I have used lemon, butterscotch, and banana cream in the past and they have turned out really well. You could also combine two like chocolate and banana cream or create your own! I have posted the original recipe though.
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip (you will use an entire 12 oz container of Cool Whip for the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate instant pudding (small box)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (small box)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups Cool Whip (aprox. the remainder from the 2nd Layer of the 12 oz container)
- 1st Layer:.
- Cut together the powdered sugar, flour and margarine. Press into a 9 X 13 pan and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- 2nd Layer:.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cool whip to mix well and spread on cooled 1st Layer crust.
- 3rd Layer:.
- Mix the puddings and milk as directed on the box and spread on top of the 2nd layer. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours. Passive cooking time includes time to refrigerate.
- 4th Layer:.
- Before serving, cover with remaining cool whip.
Love this dessert the only thing I do differently is I add 1 cup of chopped pecans to the crust. Delicious!!