Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you like lemon ice box pie, you will love this one.
Make and share this 4 Layer Lemon Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1st Layer: Combine butter (melted), flour and pecans and press into a 13" X 9" casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- 2nd Layer: Combine cream cheese (softened), sugar and 1/2 of large whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- 3rd Layer: Combine condensed milk, egg yolks and lemon juice, spread over 2nd layer.
- 4th Layer: Top with remainder of whipped topping.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint, if you like.
WOW!!! One of my all time favorites. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Have made it several times. No problem with running (maybe other reviewer didn't beat lemon layer ingredients enough?) Carried it to church pot luck and got several compliments. One person said it was HEAVEN.
I have made this recipe several times and think it is wonderful. I have also been asked for the recipe. My lemon layer was not runny (maybe because I made it a day ahead); nor tart and it is not that hard to make.
The crust was good, the cream cheese layer was tasty, but the lemon layer was runny and very tart. I won't make this again, a lot of time and energy for a not so good recipe!