Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a WONDERFUL recipe. It is so easy and no one would ever know! The great thing is you may use any flavor you like for the pudding. I would use chocolate or vanilla 8)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pudding mix (any flavor is fine)
- 3 cups milk
- toasted coconut, to sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour, nuts and margarine.
- Press mixture into a 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- While cooling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup Cool Whip.
- Spread over first layer.
- Mix the pudding and milk; pour on creamy layer.
- Spread with remaining Cool Whip.
- You may sprinkle with toasted coconut if you like.
This stuff is totally addictive and never fails to please.Our favorite flavor to use in this is pistachio.Yummy yummy!!!!!!!!
I make this all the time everyone always loves it, I use 1 cup of nuts in the crust and only add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to the cream cheese layer. I use chocolate and vanilla pudding mixed together while in powder form and only add 2 1/2 cups of milk, I also add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the pudding mixture.
My mother made this when I was young and I'm 48. I've made with many variations. I sometimes make with a scotch break cookie crust. I don't like margarine...I use butter. Also, my mother always made with 1/2 chocolate or vanilla and 1/2 pistachio pudding. Pistachio is THE best.