Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Cooking time includes chilling overnight and setting time for the topping. I adjusted several cheesecake recipes to be used with a 4 or 4 1/2 inch springform cheesecake pan. These small cheesecakes are great for those who cannot finish off a large cheesecake or who want a treat but don't want to tempt themselves to go overboard. If you want to make enough for a 9 inch pan multiply this recipe by 4.
- 3 chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed (Strawberry Oreos are great for this)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons strawberry schnapps
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- canned whipped topping
- chocolate dipped strawberry
- Crust: Mix cookies and butter until crumbs are moistened and press into bottom of a 4 inch springform pan.
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, 2 1/2 T sugar, and cornstarch. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in melted egg substitute and vanilla. Beat well after each addition.
- Remove 1/3 of the mixture, stir cocoa and 1/2 T sugar. Set aside.
- Stir strawberry schnapps into remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in sliced strawberries.
- Pour half the strawberry mixture over crust, then top with half of chocolate mixture, layer remaining strawberry then chocolate mixtures.
- Without disturbing the crust, swirl the blade of a knife through the cake to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 225 and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Top with canned whipped topping and chocolate covered strawberry.
I just adore these small cheesecake recipes. I didn't have strawberry schnapps so I had to choose between Butter Ripple Schnapps or Goldschlager. Goldschalger without hesitation! I used 95% fat free cream cheese and Splenda for the sugar and a regular graham cracker crust (less sugar). At this point I'll admit to not actually reading the ingredients in this before tagging it *blush*. The title sounded fabulous and it's cheesecake! I mean, how can you lose? Anyway, I ended up with the cutest little Cinnamon Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake dressed with chocolate dipped strawberry halves (has anyone else noticed that there is no such thing as an average size strawberry any more, they're all monstrous!) that you could imagine. Oh! and I used bittersweet chocolate because I have a passion for it and Special Dark Cocoa. Beautiful recipe that bakes up perfectly that sinks in the center only about 1/16 of an inch. Thanks for a real keeper Nyte.
This is a nice recipe for individual cheesecake. I added a little more sugar since I preferred a sweeter flavor. Thanks.