Recipe by Nyteglori
Cooking time includes chilling overnight and setting time for the topping. I adjusted several cheesecake recipes to be used with a 4 or 4 1/2 inch springform cheesecake pan. These small cheesecakes are great for those who cannot finish off a large cheesecake or who want a treat but don't want to tempt themselves to go overboard. If you want to make enough for a 9 inch pan multiply this recipe by 4.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pretzel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons peanuts (optional)
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Mix pretzels and butter until pretzel crumbs are moistened and press into bottom of a 4 inch springform pan.
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate, peanut butter, egg substitute and vanilla. Beat well after each addition.
- Add peanuts if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 225 and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Topping: In small saucepan melt white chocolate and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm, then pour over cheesecake.
- Drizzle strips of melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Using a knife draw the dull side of the tip across the chocolate.
- Chill till topping firms up.