Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Cooking time includes chilling overnight and setting time for the topping. I adjusted several cheesecake recipes to be used with a 4 or 4 1/2 inch springform cheesecake pan. These small cheesecakes are great for those who cannot finish off a large cheesecake or who want a treat but don't want to tempt themselves to go overboard. If you want to make enough for a 9 inch pan multiply this recipe by 4.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pretzel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons peanuts (optional)
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chocolate, melted
- Crust: Mix pretzels and butter until pretzel crumbs are moistened and press into bottom of a 4 inch springform pan.
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Beat until smooth.
- Beat in melted chocolate, peanut butter, egg substitute and vanilla. Beat well after each addition.
- Add peanuts if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 225 and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove cake from oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight.
- Topping: In small saucepan melt white chocolate and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm, then pour over cheesecake.
- Drizzle strips of melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Using a knife draw the dull side of the tip across the chocolate.
- Chill till topping firms up.
This was good. The pretzel crust was a bit bland though. Will make again and add a bit of sugar.
One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake and this one was fabulous! I didn't change a thing and will make this again. I can't wait to share it with my family! Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Nyteg! Linda
Excellent Cheesecake! I love all kinds, but this one will be going into my favorites. It was easy to put together and the presentation was absolutely decadent and beautiful. Made exact according to recipe. Loved the crust! This is a yummy dessert! I will be making this again.... real soon! Thanks for sharing. ~V