Recipe by twissis
From the "1 of a Kind" cookbook by the Junior League of Mobile, AL, this is 1 of those little recipes that is big on flavor & has enormous potential to become an invaluable part of your company-worthy & daily family cuisine. I stopped at the 4 in 1 concepts, but I suspect I would need a considerably larger # if I put all my energy into more options. Maybe you guys will try it & expand those options for me. Give it a go & enjoy!
Top Review by katew
This is delicious. I served with recipe #392200. I used very thick WW sour cream instead of cream cheese and with whisking it all came together beautifully. Made and enjoyed for Zaar Cookbook tag
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2 eggs (well-beaten)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cornstarch & salt. Gradually mix in the fruit juices & stir to combine.
- Cook in top of double boiler over simmering water for 20 min, stirring often.
- Remove 1/4 cup of hot mixture & whisk into beaten eggs. Return mixture to pan & cook 5 min more.
- Beat hot mixture into cream cheese & refrigerate till well-chilled.
- Notes: My mind races w/endless suggestions! Drizzle custard over your favourite pound cake, angel food cake or bundt cake you want to glaze * Serve as dip using graham crackers or gingersnaps as dippers * Use as dressing for fruit salad * Use as sauce for cheesecake, other desserts & in parfaits * Put a spoonfull on top of hot oatmeal & watch your kids stir it in & make quick work of eating their breakfast. Hmmm, I am already past that 4 in 1 #. I will stop now or I will get totally out of control. :-).