1/1 Photo of 4 in 1 - Creamy Custard Drizzle, Dip, Dressing or Sauce
From the "1 of a Kind" cookbook by the Junior League of Mobile, AL, this is 1 of those little recipes that is big on flavor & has enormous potential to become an invaluable part of your company-worthy & daily family cuisine. I stopped at the 4 in 1 concepts, but I suspect I would need a considerably larger # if I put all my energy into more options. Maybe you guys will try it & expand those options for me. Give it a go & enjoy!
My Private Note
2 oz se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, cornstarch & salt. Gradually mix in the fruit juices & stir to combine.
- 2Cook in top of double boiler over simmering water for 20 min, stirring often.
- 3Remove 1/4 cup of hot mixture & whisk into beaten eggs. Return mixture to pan & cook 5 min more.
- 4Beat hot mixture into cream cheese & refrigerate till well-chilled.
- 5Notes: My mind races w/endless suggestions! Drizzle custard over your favourite pound cake, angel food cake or bundt cake you want to glaze * Serve as dip using graham crackers or gingersnaps as dippers * Use as dressing for fruit salad * Use as sauce for cheesecake, other desserts & in parfaits * Put a spoonfull on top of hot oatmeal & watch your kids stir it in & make quick work of eating their breakfast. Hmmm, I am already past that 4 in 1 #. I will stop now or I will get totally out of control. :-).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4 in 1 - Creamy Custard Drizzle, Dip, Dressing or Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 127.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g