Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a crock pot recipe my mom has been making for years. It is a nice change from plain old baked beans. It is great to take for pot lucks and bbq's.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork & beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce (we always use Heinz)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Place drained beans into crockpot.
- Mix in bell pepper, green onion, and bacon.
- Stir in chili sauce and brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (Alternatively you can bake this in the oven at 325 for 6 hours).
My aunt has been making this for years. If someone is bringing beans, we are always disappointed if it's not this recipe. Only change for us is the use of BBQ sauce instead of the chile sauce.