1/1 Photo of 4-Hour Milk-Braised Pork
4 hrs 20 mins
Posting this recipe from Canadian Chef Ricardo's cookbook "Meals for Every Occassion" that was sent to me from my cookbook swap partner. Thankyou Katsen :) I haven't tried this recipe as yet, but thought it sounded interesting and the photo in the cookbbook looked amazing
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350°F / 180°C Place the oven rack in the middle position.
- 2In a large ovenprrof saucepan, brown the pork roast in the butter and then season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the milk and bring to the boil. Add the vegetables and nutmeg.
- 4Cover the saucepan and transfer to the oven for 2 1/2 hours. Dont worry if the milk looks like its curdling at first; you will be straining the liquid through a sieve. (I'm guessing at this point if you dont have a saucepan that can be placed straight into the oven that you could transfer the contents to a lidded casserole or baking dish.).
- 5Uncover and then continue cooking until the sauce is reduced by a little less than half. About 1 1/2 hours. Turn the pork shoulder every 20 minutes.
- 6Remove the meat and set aside.
- 7Strain the braising liquid. Whisk the sauce and adjust the seasoning.
- 8Serve the pork on a large platter. Suggested to serve with mashed sweet potatoes to enjoy with the gravy and a green vege.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4-Hour Milk-Braised Pork
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.5
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 194.1 mg
- Sodium 272.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 44.0 g