Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe got me purple ribbons at the County Fair and purple ribbons at the Nebraska State Fair.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- Preheat over to 350° and grease 1 pound loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat egg, add melted butter, and applesauce.
- Add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 1 hour.
This bread is very tasty. I don't think it was heavy at all. I put some powdered sugar on top and loved it! Very easy and great to bring with you to to someone's house. Thank you!
Sorry to say that I didn't like this one. It was too heavy and too sweet. Plus the outer crust was too hard.
So simple and so good! I can see why you won a prize. Donna A.