Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very unusual tasting. Though it takes four-days to make this marmalade, it's all passive time, and so worth the effort. Roast a chicken with this, spread on bagels, biscuits. Makes a good filling for a layer cake. The finished product has a dark amber color and a slightly "toasty" or burnt flavor. From "Food Down Under," this is a magnificent marmalade.
- Day 1.
- Cut up oranges, grapefruit and lemon in small pieces. In a heavy pot, combine the cut-up citrus with the water and leave for 24-hours.
- Day 2.
- Put pot on stove and boil for half an hour. Set aside for 24-hours.
- Day 3.
- Put pot back on stove and boil for half an hour. Add sugar and leave for 24-hours.
- Day 4.
- Simmer on low flame until marmalade is thick (1-1/2 hours).
- Pour into jars, seal and water bath process 10-mins.