Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Finally! I found another use for zucchini. What's more, it's delicious.
- 1 large onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1⁄8 lb feta cheese (crumbled)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- breadcrumbs (to garnish) (optional)
- Slice the onions, tomatoes and zucchini thinly (half or quarter the zucchini if large).
- Arrange half the vegetables in a layer in a 9x11-inch pan (9x13-inch worked OK for us).
- Sprinkle with half the oregano and top with half the cheese.
- Repeat to form second layer.
- Top with bread crumbs if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes until cheese is melted and just starts to brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Excellent!! Went home on my lunch hour and did all the preparation. So, when I got home, it only took 45 mins. The whole family loved it!!