Meredith .F's Note:
A rich & creamy macaroni & cheese recipe that everyone loves! Found on allrecipes, posting here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- 2In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, & cubed processed cheese food to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4 Cheese Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 684.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g