Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A rich & creamy macaroni & cheese recipe that everyone loves! Found on allrecipes, posting here for safekeeping.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces processed cheese food, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the oil and the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 tablespoons butter; stir into the macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the sharp Cheddar cheeses, and Monterey Jack cheese; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add the half and half, 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture, & cubed processed cheese food to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve.