Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
A family favorite for years.
Make and share this 4-Cheese Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package provolone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package no-cook lasagna noodle
- olive oil
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shred provolone (can use salad shooter).
- Combine all the cheese mixture ingredients and mix well.
- Oil bottom of a 13" x 9" x 2" pan with a thin layer.
- Add 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce (ladle-full) to bottom of the pan.
- Place 3-4 noodles across bottom of the pan.
- Cover with cheese mixture (about 3 tablespoons per noodle) and spread.
- Add 1/3 cup of spaghetti sauce and repeat until top of pan is almost reached.
- Add noodles and then add spaghetti sauce on top.
- Cover with grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil, shiny side down.
- Follow baking direction on back of no-cook lasagna box.
We love this recipe. I usually add garlic and a bit more Parmesan cheese. Make sure you use a great sauce such as San Marzano or Rao's. It truly makes a huge difference. I serve the lasagna with either green beans as a side or an Italian style salad. I also make my own garlic bread!
This was quick and easy, and turned out great! I highly recommend it! I halved the recipe and cooked it in an 8x8 glass dish. I thought it was a little dry, so next time I will add closer to a whole 24 oz. jar of spaghetti sause (1 1/2 to 2 jars if making the full recipe). I used Barilla marinara sause, and next time I will spice the sause up a little with crushed red pepper, black pepper and itailian seasoning to add more flavor.
Easy enough for a novice chef - just follow the simple directions and the outcome is a new family favorite! All the flavors compliment each other while not being too rich, and with around 8 adult portions it works out around $2 per head to make which is very reasonable for a quality dish you would get at a nice Italian restaurant.