Prep 0 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is truly a delicious dish that can be served as a main dish for a vegetarian family such as alike my family, side or can also be served as an appetizer by spooning portions atop thin, thin slices of fresh, pumpernickel bread but either way you decide to serve it is awesome.
- 1 large sweet white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages Baby Spinach, fresh ready-to-use
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°C (175°C).
- Lightly butter a 12-inch oval gratin pan or an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Mix onion, feta cheese, provolone cheese, blue cheese, dill, nutmeg, bread crumbs, egg yolk and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add spinach and saute until wilted and juices evaporate, about 3 minutes. Transfer to strainer; drain well. Shake strainer up and down to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Arrange spinach in prepared baking dish. It will make a thin layer.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Broil spinach, about 6 inches from broiler element, until cheese is golden brown on top, watching closely to prevent burning, about 2 minutes.