1 hr 5 mins
No Dieters allowed!! This is serious comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 12 ounces ziti pasta or 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces farfalle pasta
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1 cup bel paese cheese or 1 cup gorgonzola, grated
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, grated
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375.
- 2Mix first 4 ingredients with a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- 3Cook Pasta al dente, drain and rinse under cold water.
- 4Set pasta aside.
- 5Heat 4 Tablespoons of the butter, add onions and saute, stirring until onions are translucent.
- 6Add garlic, stir until garlic is fragrant.
- 7Add flour; lower heat and cook, stirring frequently.
- 8Add half and half a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition, until sauce thickens.
- 9Stir in the cheeses, saving 1 cup of the Fontina.
- 10Simmer until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- 11Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- 12Add Cayenne.
- 13Use cooking spray to coat casserole- you should need about a 3 qt size.
- 14Place pasta in casserole.
- 15Top with sauce, stir to distribute evenly.
- 16Place reserved fontina on top.
- 17Sprinkle bread crumbs.
- 18Dot with remaining butter.
- 19Bake 40 minutes, until top is brown and it's bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 4 Cheese Baked Macaroni - Italian Style
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.1
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 721.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bel paese cheese