Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Beef Brisket Braised in Beer, this recipe really creates a tender meat at the end of the cooking time, the gravy that this creates is out-of-this-world! I served this is mashed potatoes and more ice cold beer. A great Sunday night meat and potatoes type of dinner.
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer (such as Newcastle)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Cut the brisket in half and rub all over with liquid smoke, celery salt, pepper, and salt.
- *using your hands to rub the liquid smoke on the meat will have your hands smelling like BBQ all day long - I recommend using gloves or a plastic bag.
- Place in a slow cooker and top with sliced onion.
- In a bowl combine the beer and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- cook on low 10-12 hours.
- Remove brisket and keep warm.
- Strain the juices and transfer liquid to a small saucepan.
- combine the cornstarch and cold water, stir until smooth and add to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken.
- Slice the brisket thinly across the grain and spoon the gravy over the top.
This made fall=of-the-bone beef brisket with a wonderful taste and gravy. My crockpot is large so I didn't cut the meat into half. Wonderful taste....don't forget to use a dark beer! Thanks for sharing.