Recipe by ChefWhiz
This is superb and tastey enough without a cheese topping. I used 1 1/2 tbsp. - 1 3/4 tbsp. chili powder rather than a full 2 tbsp. to reduce heat. 15 oz. cans work fine; and red kidney beans instead of chili beans.
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned in nonstick skillet and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces low-sodium tomato paste (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 ounces chili beans, undrained
- 12 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 12 ounces black beans, undrained
- 12 ounces pinto beans, undrained
- 12 ounces low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine browned ground turkey,.
- onion, and tomato paste.
- Add chili powder, beans, and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Cover. Cook on Low 6-7 hours.
- Serve with grated low-fat cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Sprinkle individual servings with fresh parsley, if you wish.